Smart Cities Network Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Details of your visits to the website www.smartcitiesnetwork.net (hereinafter referred to as (“the SCN Website”) and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, personal data, traffic data, statistical data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
Information that you provide by filling in forms on the SCN Website, such as when you sign up for our newsletter or register for information. Information provided to us when you communicate with us, in any manner, for any reason. Information obtained from you through our relationship with you or when you have engaged our services or entered into any contractual relationship with us.
On occasion, we may gather information to analyze statistical information regarding access to the SCN Website to enhance our services. Such information will not identify you personally it is statistical data about our visitors and their use of our site. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever.
Similarly to the above, we may gather information about your general internet use by using a cookie file. A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
All computers have the ability to automatically accept or decline cookies. This can be done by activating the setting on your browser which determines how to deal with cookies. Please note that should you choose to decline cookies, you may be unable to access particular parts of the SCN Website.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
1. To provide you with information requested from us, relating to our products/programmes or services.
2. To provide information on other products/programmes which we feel may be of interest to you, where you have consented to receive such information.
3. To meet our contractual commitments to you and if necessary to enable us to enforce any rights granted to us in our contracts with you or as permitted under the law.
4. To notify you about any changes to the SCN Website, such as improvements or service/product/programmes changes, that may affect our service.
5. If you are an existing customer, we may contact you with information about products/programmes and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous dealing with you. Further, we may use your data so that you can be provided with information about unrelated products/programmes and services which we consider may be of interest to you. We may contact you about these products/programmes and services by any of the methods that you consented at the time your information was collected.
6. If you are a new customer, we will only contact you when you have provided consent and only by those means you provided consent for.
7. If you do not want us to use your data you will have the opportunity to withhold your consent to this when you provide your details to us on the form on which we collect your data.
8. Please be advised that we do not reveal information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers but we may, on occasion, provide them with aggregate statistical information about our visitors.
9. In connection with any claims, actions or proceedings (including but not limited to drafting and reviewing documents, transaction documentation, obtaining legal advice, and facilitating dispute resolution), and/or protecting and enforcing our contractual and legal rights and obligations.
10. To comply with any applicable rules, laws and regulations, codes of practice or guidelines or to assist in law enforcement and investigations by relevant authorities.
11. To manage the administrative and business operations of the Companies and complying with internal policies and procedures. Other purpose relating to any of the above.
STORING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Data that is provided to us is stored on our secure servers. Details relating to any transactions entered into on our site will be encrypted to ensure its safety.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically and transmission of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
DISCLOSING YOUR INFORMATION
Where applicable, we may disclose your personal information to any member of the Smart Cities Network Ltd (“SCN”) including those that are situated outside of Singapore. This includes, where applicable, our subsidiaries, our holding company and its other subsidiaries (if any). We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
1. Where we sell any or all of our business and/or our assets/shares to a third party.
2. Where we are legally required to disclose your information.
3. To assist fraud protection.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
You might find links to third party websites on the SCN Website. These websites should have their own privacy policies which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
Should you wish to receive details that we hold about you please contact us using the contact details below.